Notice

All material in this blog (written/audio/visual) is copyrighted. Do not duplicate without explicit consent from the author.

03 July 2009

I'm Not Lazy, I'm Hot

I like the word "indolence." It makes my laziness seem classy. ~Bern Williams

Ahhh, the lazy days of summer. It's too hot to do a thing. With my hair in a tight bun on my head and the least amount of clothing possible, I roam like the dogs from room to room trying to find a cool corner. Hourly splashes of cold water on my face and quick jogs through the dog pool keep me only momentarily refreshed. Anytime I have to step outside I am hit with the heaviness of the heat. I'm hungry but I don't want to cook so I drink some cold water and eat blueberries from the fridge. Even though I had a good nights sleep, all I can think of is the best way to beat the heat is to sleep through it. My room is somewhat cooler than the rest of the house. It's dark and the ceiling fan has been blowing all day. Laying down I drift into a long sweaty sleep. When I awake the sun is waving goodbye for the day. Wind is blowing the curtains up and down. Ahhh yes, I say as I stretch deeply, now I can start my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment